Home Forums RORB – general use data error (storm file)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lance
    Participant

Hi.
    I am new to RORB.
    I have a catchment file with several sub-areas but I’m only using one pluviograph and areally uniform rainfall.
    On running the specification, I get a fatal error (twice), then the following message (and I’ve attached storm and output files). I have looked at the sample data and forum and can’t find where I’ve gone wrong. I assume from the output file the problem is in the burst time increments.
    I do find it a bit confusing that the rainfall increments start at 0, not 1 (and is 0 included or not? – apparently not from looking at sample).
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Lance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FCRDSru
    Participant

The way to think about rainfall data is as an amount of rainfall between a time step and the previous time step. So the rainfall at a time step of 1 is the rain that occurred between zero and 1. With flow, the value is the instantaneous flow rate at the indicated time. Have a look at page 28 of the RORB manual

FCRDSru
    Participant

For the layout of a storm file with a hyetorgraph record. Have a look at Section 10.4.1.2 on page 135 of the RORB manual. There is a similar case to your example with a multi-burst storm.

Lance
    Participant

Hi, thanks.
    Yes, I was looking at that example file (it is one of the samples provided with RORB) and as far as I can make out, I have got everything right in the input storm file (I double checked before posting on here last night).
    The output file indicates that the error is in the line specifying the storm bursts “0,33,66,110” – is that correct? Because if it is, I can’t see how that is wrong! Are you able to have a look at the input file & output – I would think it shouldn’t take long to see any mistakes on my part.
    I can send catchment file too if that helps.
    Thanks

Matt Scorah

Hi,
    It’s a bit hard to tell what the issue is without seeing the .catg file as well (the “data checks” in the output file only say what finished correctly, not where the issue is). Can you upload the storm file and .catg file as files (instead of screenshots?)
    Cheers,
    Matt

Lance
    Participant

Thanks Matt.

Lance
    Participant

Looks like system won’t allow me to upload the actual files. Trying with txt extension.

Attachments:
    Lance
    Participant

cat file as txt

Attachments:
    Matt Scorah

This query was resolved over email, but for anyone else experiencing a similar issue: in this instance the error message was because the “C” that indicates comment lines is case sensitive, and the storm file had lower case “c”s instead.

Hi everyone,

I am writing a stormfile using rainfall and flow data, each exceeding the 2000 data points limits. Can this limit be increased in RORB.

Regards,
    Stephen

Benson Liu

Hi Stephen,

I’m afraid the limit cannot be increased. You can instead increase your time step in your input data to reduce the number of data points.

Kind regards,

Benson

roloko3965
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.