Home Forums RORB – general use ARR16 giving 0 result

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BN
    Participant

Hi All,

I am new to RORB, forgive me if I’m missing something simple here.

I have developed a basic catchment file using the GUI and am trying to use ARR16 mode to develop an outflow hydrograph for my point of interest. All of my input data has been taken from the ARR data hub and BOM websites.

The issue I’m having is that there is 0 rainfall generated in my results (and hence no flow). Has anyone else had this issue?

I’ve been able to do successful runs using ARR87 mode with the same catchment file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benson Liu

Hi BN,

I’ve had a look at the files you uploaded and the rainfalls you have supplied are in intensity (mm/h). RORB takes in rainfalls in terms of depths (mm) for ARR2016 (for ARR87 it takes it in as intensity). Since the rainfalls you have used are intensity and RORB is reading it it in as depths, RORB thinks there is very minimal rainfall and most likely the losses being applied are reducing the rainfall to 0.

When you download the rainfall data from the BoM as CSV, there is a drop down box where you can choose to download the data as rainfall depths or intensities, if depth is selected the displayed table should be green while if intensities are selected, the table should be orange. Downloading the rainfall data as depths should solve your problem.

Kind regards,

Benson

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.