Home Forums RORB – general use Data Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richa
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried running my model but it keeps showing the hydrograph error. I could not figure out what that means.

Data checks:
    Next data to be read & checked:

Catchment name & reach type flag
    Control vector & storage data
    Code no. 37 16.0
    Sub-area areas
    Impervious flag
    Initial storm data
    Rainfall burst times
    Pluviograph 1
    Sub-area rainfalls
    Hydrograph times
    1 hydrograph(s) expected in data
    Data error: 1.00 read instead of end check -99
    2 ordinates & end check read
    1 hydrograph(s) expected in data

The inputs i have provided are below:
    Design
    1 12 1 1 1 -99
    0 12
    pluvio 1
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,-99
    C DESIGN RAINFALLS
    78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,78,-99

C Pluvi Reference Numbers
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -99
    C HYDROGRAPH DATA
    0 11
    inflow

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Richa

Matt Scorah

Hi Richa,

It’s a little hard to debug this storm file without the catchment file, but a few things to try:
    The hydrograph starts at time 0 and ends at time 11, but 11 readings are supplied. This is a little confusing but the hydrograph data is instantaneous (unlike rainfall, which is rain over each time increment), so under C HYDROGRAPH DATA it should be 0 10
    Ensure that your model has 16 subareas in the catchment file
    This wouldn’t result in the error you’re getting but I just want to flag that the pluvio temporal pattern you are using (1 in the first increment to 12 in the last increment) is odd – this will apply lots of rainfall at the end of the event, is this intended?

If these don’t help please either upload the .catg / .stm file or send it to the enquiries email address.

Thanks,
    Matt

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Matt Scorah.
    BASH
    Participant

Hi RORB Experts,

I used RORB a few years a go during study at uni and was doing some calibration with gauged flows for rural catchment. Now i want to use it again after a few years with version 6.45 which i never used.
    I am trying to simulate multiple storms and I’m assuming i have followed and attached the appropriate txt and csv files (still unsure) as im learning, however I can not produce any hydrographs (plot & txt).
    One of the error when i click on the plot is “No valid print locations” and also when I click on text, it is not producing any flow in the txt file. I have attached both errors.
    Also noticed, although i have downloaded the loss file from HUb and combined with ARF file but RORB still asking me to put the IL & CL manually when it is already stored in the HUB file.
    So I am not sure which part of the process is incorrect.
    It would be appreciated if you guys advise me to fix these errors.

Regards
    Sebastian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Scorah

Hi Sebastian,

Both the “no valid print locations” and no text output issues are probably because you don’t have any print locations in your CATG file. Go to the graphical editor, double click a node to get output for, and check on Print at this Node, then rerun the model.

RE: the loss question, importing losses from the datahub file just pre-populates the loss entry dialog; it will still give you the option to change them before it runs if you want.

Cheers,
    Matt

BASH
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for that.It is producing the hydrographs.
    Just a quick query regarding applying Kc, IL and CL,so when we are calibrating a model against gauged flows, we can physically visual the produced hydrograph against the gauged one and this is how we can see that, the right Kc ,IL and CL have been applied, however,when we are producing multiple storm files or selecting Ensemble simulator and applying the recommended IL and CL by HUB, how do we know that we are applying the appropriate values for Kc,IL and CL when we have no gauged hydrograph to compare with ?

Also have noticed, when RORB directs you to the parameter specification section the IL and CL values are blank and wrong figure respectively, as they should have been selected IL=60, CL=2 from the HUB file.

Regards,
    Sebastian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.