Home Forums Bug reports Error Extracting MC Hydrographs

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leehuimin
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently using RORB version 6.45. I am trying to extract the representative hydrograph from a MC run but has encountered some errors. Attached is an image of the error message from RORB.

Would appreciate help on this matter. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benson Liu

Hi Huimin,

That error normally occurs when RORB is unable to or has a problem creating and writing a storm file for the representative hydrograph. The most likely cause of this would be that the storm file name combined with the file path to the storm file is too long as Windows has a limit on the number of characters allowed in a file path.

Another reason could be that you don’t have permissions to write to the folder or something (maybe anti-virus) is stopping it but I think this would be unlikely if RORB is still able to produce the MC output file.

If the length of the file path isn’t the problem would you be able to send me an email with the .catg, .par, any other input files as well as the output files (and possibly storm file) RORB produces when that error occurs? My email is benson.liu@dev7.preflight.com.au.

Kind regards,

Benson

leehuimin
    Participant

Hi Benson,

Yes the problem is due to the file path being too long. I redirected the output to a folder with a shorter path and it works fine.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Hui Min

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.