Home Forums Bug reports Selection of temporal patterns

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FCRDSru
    Participant

RORB doesn’t seem to be selecting the correct temporal patterns for the design AEP. For example, if I run a single 6 hour duration 1% AEP event, I was expecting a temporal pattern from the 360 min ‘rare’ bin from the increments file. Instead, RORB is using a pattern from the ‘frequent’ bin. Selecting a 10% AEP event also uses a ‘frequent’ temporal pattern rather than one from the ‘intermediate’ bin.

Please see attached screenshot.

A workaround I’ve tried is to create a new temporal pattern file and copy the temporal patterns from the required bin over the top of the frequent big. For example, for a 360 min 1% AEP design event, copy the 10 rare patterns over the 10 frequent patterns.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Scorah

Hi Tony,

The selection of temporal pattern by AEP is for when you’re running Monte Carlo. If you are doing a single run, you need to specify the index of the temporal pattern to use. By default this index is “1”, i.e. the first temporal pattern in the file. The first pattern of the rare bin would be index “21”. This index is set using the “Select patterns for deterministic runs” button. Some documentation around this is in the v6.31 release notes word document

Hope this helps!

FCRDSru
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.