Home Forums RORB – general use Fatal Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TK
    Participant

Hi,
    I get a ‘fatal error’ message when I click past the second last window of running RORB (i.e. before kc etc are entered). This relates to my catchment file, since the run works with other catchment files. How do I fix this error and make RORB run? How do I go on about troubleshooting this kind of message?

Thanks

Benson Liu

Hi TK,

When there is a fatal error normally RORB will have a window pop up that will give you some details as to what the problem is. The window will normally outline what data it has read in and have an error message at the bottom detailing what has gone wrong. If the window didn’t pop up for whatever reason you can view the text file in a text file editor. The file is called RORBWin.tmp and is normally stored in the same folder as the catchment, the storm or parameter file depending on your settings. This file normally isn’t of much use but can give some information for when a run has failed to start. If this file doesn’t give you any sort of information about the problem then can you send me an email with the catchment, parameter and any other input files I would need as well as some extra details about how you are trying to run RORB. My email is benson.liu@dev7.preflight.com.au.

Kind regards,

Benson

royalbert867
    Participant

Hello

Peter Campbell
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m getting a similar error. I’m trying to run RORB with a user defined IDF file. After the Model Parameters (Design Rainfall Specification) window, RORB returns the fatal error message “You will need to fix up the catchment (vector) file before proceeding”. The RORBWin.tmp file says:

Data checks:
    Next data to be read & checked:

Catchment name & reach type flag
    Control vector & storage data
    Code no. 9 7.0 Location read as powerhouse
    Sub-area areas
    Impervious flag
    Initial storm data
    Rainfall burst times
    Data error: burst times 0 0

I’ve checked the catchment file and can’t find any errors. Looking at the storm file (which RORB generates), I can see that it’s not applying any of the rainfall data from the ifd file, but I don’t know why. I haven’t seen this error before – can anyone tell me how to fix it, or why it’s saying it’s a catchment file error?

Thanks
    Pete

Benson Liu

Hi Peter,

Based on what you have written, the catchment file isn’t causing this error. The error message is a legacy error message from when the rainfall inputs were combined with the catchment file. Since the storm file doesn’t have rainfall in it, and the .tmp file has a data error at the rainfall burst time. This means there is something wrong with the IFD file and RORB isn’t able to create a proper storm file. The first thing to check would be the format of the IFD file and whether RORB is reading it in properly. You can get RORB to open the IFD file and in that window you can check if RORB is reading it properly.

Kind regards,

Benson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.